Registration is now open!
Register for a spot or to be placed on the waiting list by completing the form at: https://www.cookbiotech.eu/news-events/events/advanced-techniques-for-complex-ventral-hernia-repair-january-2024-belgium/
Cadaveric Training Course: Advanced Techniques for Complex Ventral Hernia Repair
29-30 January 2024 | Ghent, Belgium
Attendees who attend the full course will earn up to 9.0 CPD points.
Please note - this free course is only available to AWR Europe attendees - you must register for the conference before you can apply for the cadaveric course. You will be asked to enter your Order Record Number from your AWRE 2024 confirmation page when requesting a seat in the course.
Complex ventral hernia repairs and techniques to reconstruct the abdominal wall have advanced rapidly in recent years. A variety of surgical options exist and understanding which operation offers the most functional and aesthetic outcome whilst aiming to reduce serious post-operative complications and potential re-operation is imperative.
Objectives of the course
Our training course will review the anatomy of the abdominal wall, preoperative considerations and patient optimisation, and reconstructive modalities for abdominal wall defects with special attention to component separation techniques. You will also gain an appreciation for true tissue remodelling, the surgical alternatives to component separation, and learn different considerations for device selection and placement. Salvage options and an MDT discussion with real-world cases will also be presented.
The intention is to provide an atmosphere to foster collaboration, sharing of ideas and experiences related to AWR.
The course will provide an interactive educational experience and is best suited to surgeons involved in abdominal wall reconstruction, although senior trainees (ST7 & ST8) with a specialist interest will be considered.
Monday, January 29, 2024 (16.00-19.30, followed by dinner)
• Preparation for ventral hernia repair: Optimising the patient
• Preparation for ventral hernia repair: Tailoring & planning the repair
• Preparation for ventral hernia repair: Evidence for what we do
• Science of tissue regeneration
Tuesday, January 30, 2024 (08.15-16.00)
• Performing ventral hernia repair: Anatomy of the abdominal wall
• Performing ventral hernia repair: Detailed components separation techniques
• Performing ventral hernia repair: When things go wrong (bailout strategies)
• Performing ventral hernia repair: MDT
• Practical sessions: Components separation techniques