Registration is now full!
If you are still interested and would like be to on the waiting list please email: email@example.com
Cadaveric Training Course: Advanced Repair Techniques for Complex Ventral Hernia Repair
30-31 January 2023
Please note - this free course is only available to AWR Europe attendees - you must register for the conference before you can apply for the cadaveric course
Complex ventral hernia repairs and techniques to reconstruct the abdominal wall have advanced rapidly in recent years. A variety of surgical options exist and understanding which operation offers the most functional and aesthetic outcome whilst aiming to reduce serious post-operative complications and potential re-operation is imperative.Objectives of the course
Our training course will review the anatomy of the abdominal wall, preoperative considerations and patient optimisation, and reconstructive modalities for abdominal wall defects with special attention to component separation techniques. You will also gain an appreciation for true tissue remodeling, the surgical alternatives to component separation, and learn different considerations for device selection and placement. Salvage options and an MDT discussion with real-world cases will also be presented.
The intention is to provide an atmosphere to foster collaboration, sharing of ideas and experiences related to AWR.
The course will provide an interactive educational experience and is best suited to surgeons involved in abdominal wall reconstruction, although senior trainees (ST7 & ST8) with a specialist interest will be considered. Preliminary AgendaMonday, January 30, 2023 (18.00-20.00, followed by dinner)
Tuesday, January 31, 2023 (08.30-16.00)
- Science of tissue regeneration
- Preparation for ventral hernia repair: Optimising the patient
- Preparation for ventral hernia repair: Tailoring & planning the repair
- Performing ventral hernia repair: Anatomy of the abdominal wall
- Performing ventral hernia repair: Detailed components separation techniques
- Performing ventral hernia repair: When things go wrong (bailout strategies)
- Performing ventral hernia repair: MDT
- Practical session: Components separation techniques